Water damage can be a significant issue in a home. It can occur to anybody, for a variety of reasons. Damage to water can result from:
– Water leaks. Of course, the primary cause of restoration of water damage is the burst of a pipe. Other causes include water damage from a storm or a leaking roof. Damage from an unbent pipe will usually be the most costly because it requires access to the attic. This typically means taking down the roof and ceiling.
– Drying. This is a lesser-known cause of water damage restoration costs but it’s important to be aware of. A standing foot bath with water (or shower) is when you shower but no water is flowing out of the shower head. Because they are so damp and the walls or floors become wet , they will dry quickly. Mold can grow if the water evaporates too fast.
Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration is according to the degree of damage. A damaged pipe or minor damage is usually less than a quarter of the cost to hire an organization for restoration. Damage to water that is severe enough to cause a building to be shut down for several days and is insured will typically cost more than half the average cost of water damage repairs.
– Carpeting Drying Out. If your home is undergoing extensive restoration work for water damage it could mean that all the carpets in the area need to be taken away and replaced. This will increase the cost of the repair since you’ll need to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare that a pipe that leaks is caused by restoration of water damage. The majority of cases of water damage result from inadequate maintenance. Water damage could be caused by a blocked toilet, sink, or drainage system, even in the event of an emergency. The cost of repairing the carpet would be around two-thirds the cost of replacing it.
Drying wet carpeting. Carpeting needs to be dried quickly when it is saturated with water. This could increase the cost of restoration for water damage per square foot. The drying process could be faster if you have to wash out a flooded basement. Lower levels are usually dry. Even if your basement is dry, water damage can still be present under the carpeting as a result of the expansion and contraction caused by water drying. Calculate the area of the room in square feet. Then multiply that number by the cost average of restoration of water damage per square foot. Learn more about WaterDamageMentor here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes, water damage restoration companies are called in during extremely wet days. When there is a spill, it must be cleaned up immediately. The area affected by the spill will have to be cleaned and sanitized, so you will have to hire a plumber to take away the mess and make sure the area is properly dry. For larger spills, especially those that are under carpets or behind wallpaper it might be necessary to have the carpet pulled up and replaced altogether. After the area has dried, the restoration company for water damage must dry the area. This will cost more than hiring a professional water damage restoration company in the initial place.